Our team consists of communication and media development specialists, working with national broadcasters and other media, civil society organisations and government bodies in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
Working with ABC International Development
Our team of researchers, team leaders, project managers, advisors and trainers are passionate about developing media and communication capacities and value the role this plays in fostering education, knowledge, better governance and an open, participatory voice for local people and their needs.
Our team supports locally owned solutions, sharing their expertise and time to raise awareness and support development programs to combat issues around disaster risk management, civic governance, health, gender equality, rural/agricultural issues and education.
Based in Melbourne, Australia, ABC International Development has a presence in Australia, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu and Myanmar. As ABC employees, ABC International Development staff are bound by the laws, policies, ethics and codes of conduct relating to the ABC.
- In depth analysis of research findings and other impact data that shape activity support to the Provincial Department of Information (PDI) radio stations;
- Liaison with existing and potential partners to assist improving the delivery and impact of CCAP goals;
- Supporting the sustainability strategy of PDI programming; and
- Contributing to progress and work plan reporting to ensure activity analysis and monitoring evaluation demonstrate project goals.
The application process
The application process follows ABC recruitment policies and processes. Expressions of interest from people experienced in working with various cultures and backgrounds in media and communication development are always welcome, even if no specific positions are currently available.
Please email your CV with an outline of why you would like to join the ABC International Development team and how you believe you can contribute.
ABC International Development offer long and short term positions in Australia and around the world, including:
- Team Leaders: Co-ordinating the implementation of longer term comprehensive projects with partner media organisations
- Project Managers: Controlling the day-to-day management of projects, including budgets, staff, quality control, administration, planning and reporting
- Advisers: Providing advice, mentoring and coaching in their area of specialisation
- Trainers: Delivering tailored and structured training programs
- Researchers: Managing M&E and research activities as well as training local researchers
- Academic support: We regularly support short-term research placements. This activity is managed directly with educational institutions. Universities wishing to place research students please contact ABC International Development for more information.